Monday, January 28, 2013

Quarantine = done (a little early)

It has only been 6 weeks, but I just couldn't stand it any more. Jill and Mila lived with their old owner for 4 years, and were not in any contact with other tortoises during that time. They have been de-wormed (just to be on the safe side), and are acting and looking so healthy. Plus, Roz was bullying Timmy quite a bit, so I kept having to take him out of the enclosure. Hoping that the addition of 2 more females would help, I decided to move them in with Timmy and Roz now.

My very own 'bale' of tortoises. Roz, the male, is being a pillow.
Look how big Timmy is in comparison to the other two females!
Having 4 tortoises (3 females, 1 male) in the tort fort has done WONDERS. Seriously, it has been heavenly! All 4 of them bask together (rather than Roz chasing Timmy away), and rather than mating with Timmy 10+ times per day, Roz mates with the two bigger females maybe 1x per day, and he doesn't bother little Jill at all yet. Timmy is coming out more, basking and eating more, and I am overall very happy with my decision.

I took a ton more pics, and will share them with you as soon as I have time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after moderation.