Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Playing 'Favorites'

I know that with children you are never supposed to have favorites... but I decided with tortoises, it is OK!

Timmy, my pretty yellow female Russian tortoise
Timmy is by far my favorite of my torts. She is so sweet, and rather smart, too. She likes to explore, and she watches the world go by with those gentle eyes. She is BIG for a Russian tortoise (7.5 inches, and not fully grown yet), and she is nice and heavy, too. I think some day she will be formidable.

It makes me kind of mad when Roz bullies her. I know that this is normal... but I put Roz in time out in the 'box of shame' (which is actually just a box) for about 20 minutes when he bullies her too much. They used to get along better in the smaller enclosure... go figure.

If all goes as planned, I will pick up two (TWO!) female Russian tortoises tomorrow. This has been in the works for several months (the owner actually found me and contacted me!), and I am excited to introduce them to you!

The two little newcomers will have to be in quarantine for a while, just to be on the safe side, but I am hoping that having some extra females around will distract Roz a little...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after moderation.